Germany Vs Argentina

Match Review
After match review

Joachim Low, Germany coach

We started this project ten years ago and what has happened today is the result of many years' work, starting with Jurgen Klinsmann. We've made constant progress, we believed in the project, we worked a lot and, if any group deserves it, it's this team. We've always played good football and I believe that over this tournament, over seven matches, we've shown the best performances of any of the teams here in Brazil. The boys have also developed a team spirit which is unbelievable. They have fantastic technical capacity and they also have the willpower that's necessary to do what is necessary. We're the first European team to win a title in South America and that makes us very proud. Every player in this team gave everything they had. I told them before that they would have to give more than they ever had before because they were looking to achieve something new. We always knew that we would need 14 players during this match and everyone in top shape, and all the players had to be ready. It was good that we had played who could come on and make an impact, and [Mario] Gotze is a miracle boy - a boy wonder. I always knew he could decide the match.

Alejandro Sabella, Argentina coach

We were playing a great team and the match had its ups and downs, with Germany having greater ball possession and control of the field of play, and us enjoying the clearer chances. My players were warriors and I congratulated them afterwards because, beyond the sadness of the result, a coach must always assess his team's performance - and I believe that was quite good. They left everything on the pitch. The match was very even and, when we had opportunities to score, we could have done with being more efficient and effective. These are very close matches and, when you make a mistake, you know it's difficult to turn it around. But in general terms, I'm very proud and my boys played an extraordinary World Cup. It was very exciting to see them play and it's clear they gave everything for the Argentinian jersey. They can look themselves in the mirror and know they gave everything. I congratulate my players for their extraordinary work and also congratulate Germany on winning the title. At the moment, I have the dual feeling of frustration at not having achieved our dream of winning the Final, but pride at having done our duty of giving our best. As for my future, I'm not sure. My plan is to take time with my family and rest a bit, and I have nothing to say beyond that.

Mario Gotze, Germany midfielder and Budweiser Man of the Match

It's an unbelievable feeling, I don't know how to describe it. I just took the shot and didn't know what was happening. For us, the dream has become reality. I'm very proud of the team and extremely happy about everything that has happened here in Brazil. Every player in our team deserves praised and we're very proud to have won this Trophy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Search box for blog or website

Image Search Engine Using Python

Cordova viewport problem solved